Published on December 20th, 2016 | by ECSWE0
10th ELIANT Anniversary, 7 November 2016
With 197 registrations and more than 140 participants, lively workshops and inspiring presentations, the ELIANT conference of 7 November 2016 was a great success.
- Sophie Beernaerts, Head of Schools and Education Unit in DC EAG, opened the conference with a speech on the important link between education, citizenship and freedom.
- Dr. Michaela Glöckler continued highlighting the importance of variety in Europe and the role of citizens in protecting the European values and cultural diversity.
- After the opening speeches, participants could chose from a variety of parallel workshops introducing specific issues from the working fields of ELIANT.
- IASWECE and ECSWE jointly organised the workshop Education: The Digital Dilemma – To Use or to Be Used, that featured a speech by Prof. Dr. Paula Bleckmann on responsible media use and panel contributions from both academics and EU officials.
- The conference ended with a closing speech by Gerald Häfner on the task of civil society in “Brexit-Europe”.